Sony Job Listing Hints That Game Streaming Will Be A Major Feature Of PlayStation 5 (PS5)

Cameron
2:20 PM

Gather around, Sony fans. We have a new rumor for you regarding the features of the PlayStation 5 (PS5) and the company’s PlayStation Now streaming service, thanks to a job listing.

The Job Listing

According to reports, a Sony job listing posted at Greenhouse.io was spotted. The job listing details the role of a senior network operations engineer on its Alison Viejo, CA. team. One of the responsibilities mentioned is to be involved in developing the Sony network in order to support the “robust, low latency” game streaming offered by Sony’s PlayStation Now streaming service.

As you may have remembered, back in September 2018, Microsoft blogger at Windows Central Jez Corden (@JezCorden) announced via Twitter that he has heard rumors that Sony might be working on a big infrastructure/platform update for PSN in time for PS5.

Continuing on with job listing, the hired candidate is also required to contribute to the “automation first operations team” in order to “increase our efficiencies and ability to scale rapidly as we build the next generation PlayStation backbone.

Gamerant notes that after the job listing was picked up by fans, it was later edited, removing the mention of the next generation PlayStation console. Here are screenshots of the original version and modified version featured on a T3 article. Note: The original version is the first one.

Looking at the job listing, it seems that game streaming is going to be a major feature of the PS5. Whether that’s a good thing or not, it’s hard to say – everyone has their own opinions about it.

When Can We Expect The PlayStation 5?

At the moment, the most popular belief is that the PS5 will be released in 2020. Just to mention a few rumors that suggest a 2020 release, we have:

Firstly, we have well-known industry analyst at Wedbush Securities, Michael Pachter. According to him, a 2019 release of the PS5 has a 25 percent probability, while 2020 has a 75 percent probability.

Secondly, we have Reddit user RuthenicCookie who claimed that Sony will do a “small” PS5 reveal in mid-2019 followed by a full reveal at PSX 2019. With that, fans can expect the next-generation hardware to be released in 2020.

As for the other releases, we have Lewis Ward of IDC. On an interview with Gaming Bolt, the analyst said that the PS5 will be fully revealed at E3 2020. Meanwhile, for the release date, it might happen a little later than expected, predicting a 2021 release.

Are you looking forward to the PlayStation 5? What are your thoughts about game streaming? Tell us in the comment section below.

Tags: , , , ,

About Cameron
Cameron is a Philippines based writer who mostly writes about tech news. He has three years of experience in writing. Cameron prefers cats more than dogs and he thinks reading light novels is one of the best hobbies in the world. Email Cameron- cameron@73buzz.com
https://www.73buzz.com/sony-job-listing-hints/
Share This Post

Related Post