Samsung Galaxy Note 9 S Pen Features Revealed Via Galaxy Tab S4 Firmware
The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is expected to make its first appearance in less than three weeks’ time. Numerous rumors about the device are surfacing online and recently, it is believed that the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4’s firmware hints the upcoming Note S Pen’s features.
According to SlashGear, the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 will have an updated, Bluetooth-enabled S Pen that has some new and smart features. This piece of information was confirmed by a leaked firmware of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 running that’s running on Android 8.1 Oreo.
Moreover, XDA Developers has listed the features that the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 S Pen will have. Here are they:
- Music can be controlled via S Pen. This will possibly let the device owner control music similar to controlling through earbuds by pressing the play/pause button. It is also worth noting that the S Pen button will possibly allow the users to play and pause music while also letting then skip music tracks.
- S Pen can be used as a remote camera shutter. This can really be useful in situations wherein the user wanted to take a photo of him and hold up his smartphone.
- Users will be capable of unlocking their handsets remotely if the S Pen was removed from the device and then the smartphone locks.
- Users will be able to press the S Pen button to do more in a variety of applications
- Press and hold the S Pen button to open any application or S Pen feature.
- Set up a single and the double press Pen actions.
Aside from the S Pen features, it is believed that the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 will be armed with 4,000 mAh battery, upgraded camera, Samsung Bixby 2.0, faster wireless charging, and either Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 or Exynos 9810 chipset. All of these incredible specs and features were combined making an awesome flagship device.
Do you think Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and Galaxy Tab S4 will flaunt the same S Pen? Please share your thoughts with us in the comment section.