Sony PlayStation 5 News: PS5 May Support 4K And 240 FPS For PSVR

Cameron
3:28 PM

It’s no secret that Sony is working on its new-gen hardware for the next console war despite the company’s effort to hide details about it. But that didn’t stop leaks and rumors from coming out regarding the PlayStation 5 (PS5).

So what new rumor/leak/prediction do we have this time around? Well, reports are saying that the PS5 may support the 4K resolution and 240 FPS for PSVR.

The Interview

On a recent interview, industry analyst Michael Pachter spoke with Gaming Bolt regarding Microsoft and Sony’s next-gen consoles. In regards to the PS5, the analyst said:

Whether Sony does it, I think they will probably have that 4K and 240 FPS device that’ll support PSVR,” he said. “Whether they have a PlayStation Now device that is streaming only, I don’t know. Maybe there will be two each for PlayStation and Xbox, but I would be surprised if there were more than two, and I’m not sure whether Sony is committed to doing that.

It’s not the first time Pachter shared some of his predictions regarding the PS5. Just to name a few…

On November 2017, Pachter told Gaming Bolt that the PS5 won’t cost $500 or more than that. He cites the PS3 which launched with a price tag of $600 and flopped. He also cited the Xbox One which launched at $500 and it also didn’t work.

On April 2018, Pachter shared his thoughts regarding the rumor that the PS5 might be launched in 2018. He told wccftech the probability of it happening is very low. In addition to that, a 2019 release has a 25 percent chance, while a 2020 release has a 75 percent chance.

On July 2018, he told Gaming Bolt that Microsoft intends to launch their next-gen console on 2020. However, if they think that Sony will launch the PlayStation 5, they will launch early.

What are your thoughts about Pachter’s prediction? Tell us in the comment section below.

Tags: , , , ,

About Cameron
Cameron is a Philippines based writer who mostly writes about tech news. He has three years of experience in writing. Cameron prefers cats more than dogs and he thinks reading light novels is one of the best hobbies in the world. Email Cameron- cameron@73buzz.com
https://www.73buzz.com/ps5-4k-and-240-fps-for-psvr/
Share This Post

Related Post