OnePlus 6T: Concept Design, Release Date, and Price Revealed
One of the highly anticipated smartphones this year is the OnePlus 6T so it comes to no surprise that every now and then rumors and speculations about its specs and features are reported. In fact, one of the things that tech enthusiasts do is create concept designs based on the rumored specs and features of a device.
The Concept Design
Last month, YouTube channel Science and Knowledge uploaded a video featuring the OnePlus 6T. In the video, it showcases the device’s specs and features:
- Body/Design: It will feature front and rear glass (Corning Glass 6), and aluminum frame. In addition to this, it will also come in three color variants: black, red and white.
- Display: It will feature a 6.4-inch Infinite Display Optic AMOLED touchscreen with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels (19:9 aspect ratio).
- Software: It will be running on Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Oxygen OS 5.1.8 on top of it.
- Platform: It will be packed with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 845 chip and will feature Adreno 630 for its GPU.
- Memory: It will feature 6/8 GB of RAM and 64/128/256 GB for its storage.
- Camera: On its back is a triple 16 MP + 20 MP + 8 MP camera with f/1.7, OIS and Dual-led flash. Meanwhile, on the front is a 16 MP dual pop-up camera with f/1.8, Auto HDR and 1440p.
- Battery: It will be powered by a non-removable Li-Po 3840 mAh battery. Aside from that, it will have Fast Battery Charging (Dash Charge) support.
- Other Features: It will have 3D Face ID recognition, USB 3.0 Type-C, and an in-display fingerprint scanner.
The Price Tag
The video suggested that it will cost $642 USD or €550 EUR. As for the previous reports, one report claimed that the 6GB/64GB variant will cost around £469 ($610), while the 8GB/128GB variant will cost £519 ($676). Meanwhile, another speculated that the price range would be from Rs 35,000 ($510) to Rs 45,000 ($656).
According to the video, it will be released in Q4 2018. Whereas with previous reports, they were pointing towards mid-November, because the 3T was released on November 15, 2016, and the 5T on November 17, 2017.
So what do you think about the concept design video of the OnePlus 6T? Is it close to what you expected? Do tell us in the comment section below.