Microsoft Surface Book 3: Release Date, Price, What We Want To See
Although there are only a handful of details regarding the Microsoft Surface Book 3, many of its fans and tech enthusiasts are hoping that it will be released this year. So when can we expect it? How much will it cost? What are the things that fans are hoping to see? Well, let’s find out.
But First… What is it exactly?
Well, the Surface Book is basically a 2-in-1 device. It can act as a tablet (because its screen is detachable) and a laptop as well.
The 2017 model, for example, its CPU is built into the screen, making it fully functional tablet by itself. Meanwhile, the GPU is in the keyboard so when combined it becomes a full-fledged graphically powered laptop.
When Can We Expect It?
The first model was announced back on October 6, 2015, and then released on October 26. Two years later, 2017, a successor was released. This time around it was unveiled October 17 and then later released on November 16.
With this, assuming that Microsoft will be releasing the Surface Book 3 this year, we can expect an announcement on October and then a release between October and November. However, given the years between the first and second-generation models, reports are suggesting a 2019 September and November announcement/release, while some say 2020.
How Much Will It Cost?
Just like the release date, we’re only left to speculate based on the price tags of the 2017 version. Its 13.5-inch model starts at $1,199, while its 15-inch model at $2,499. Hopefully, the company will at least stick close to this price range.
What Fans Want To See
Just like with any other upcoming device that has a predecessor, there will be things that its fans and tech enthusiasts would want to see in the upcoming Surface Book 3. Here’s the list:
- Proper use of space – especially with the 15-inch version.
- Thunderbolt 3 – If tech companies want to compete with new devices in 2019 and 2020, this feature should be a standard.
- Better power management – for a 15-inch 2-in-1 device that costs at least $2,499, it should at least be capable of playing games without draining its battery on top of pulling charge through its Surface Connector.
- 4K Display – The smaller version features a screen resolution of 3000 x 2000 pixels (3:2 aspect ratio and 267 ppi), while the larger version features 3240 x 2160 (3:2 aspect ratio and 260 ppi) which is great. However, 4K media assets are now what’s currently being the norm so…Yeah, it must have a 4K display.
- All Accessories Included – The two models are magnificent. However, given its price tag, it would be nice if accessories like the Surface Dial or Surface Pen would come with it, right?
Do you agree with the things that fans want to see regarding the Surface Book 3? When do you think will it be released? What about its price? We would like to hear from you in the comment section below.