iOS 13 Rumors: When Is It Coming? What Are Its Features?
Next year, Apple will be releasing the iOS 13 firmware and we’re all excited about it, especially iOS users. So when will it be released? What new features will it come with?
The Expected Release Date
MacWorld made a prediction regarding the iOS 13’s announcement and release schedule. Here’s the predicted schedule:
- June 2019
- Apple will announce and demonstrate the iOS 13 at WWDC. After that, a beta preview version of iOS 13 will be made available for developers.
- July 2019
- Apple will roll out a public beta of the iOS 13. It will be available for everyone who signs up.
- July – August 2019
- Apple will release a series of updates of the iOS 13 beta version.
- September 2019
- The final public version of the iOS 13 firmware will be released.
The Expected Features
The iOS 13 is expected to come with some great features that iOS users will be delighted. Here are the rumored/expected features:
- Siri improvements
- It’s unclear what improvements Apple will give to this virtual assistant but we’re expecting it will definitely get some cool upgrades. In fact, back in May, an Apple patent was spotted which details Siri capable of declining phone calls and provides the caller a reason for why the call was rejected through a text message.
- Snoozing notifications
- Improved Emoji search
- Multiple user accounts
- New message features
- Smart Wi-Fi
- This one here comes with many features like prioritizing stronger connections, automatically turn Wi-Fi on or off depending on your location, remembers the location of known networks, and many more.
- Ability to change video resolution in app
- View favorites in Contacts app
- Contact availability status
- Apple filed a patent which basically enables iPhone users to view at a glance whether their contacts are available for conversation or not and where they are. If such feature will be onboard the iOS 13, hopefully, there will be an option to cancel out this feature. Although helpful in “monitoring” family members and loved ones, it also could be a feature taken advantage by stalkers.
- Slide to unlock
- Merging of macOS and iOS
- With this feature, users will be able to run MacOS apps on the iPad and vice versa.
- Cosmetic/Aesthetic customization changes
Are you excited for the iOS 13 firmware? What rumored or expected feature are you looking forward the most? Tell us in the comment section below.