Everything We Know So Far About The Electra iOS 11.3.1 Jailbreak Tool
The jailbreak community has been eagerly waiting for the release of Electra iOS 11.3.1 Jailbreak Tool. So what’s been happening so far?
CoolStar Waiting For Ian Beer
Last June 1, 2018, CoolStar posted on his Twitter page thanking everyone for their donations and that he has 2 test devices (A10X and A11) for iOS 11.3.1. He then added that he’s now waiting for Ian Beer.
On May 29, 2018, Ian Beer of Google’s Project Zero team announced on Twitter that if anyone is interested in bootstrapping iOS kernel security research, they should keep a research-only device on iOS 11.3.1 for more tfp0 and said that it will probably be released next week. He also added that the 11.1.2 KPD-compatible kernel debugger is coming soon.
The following week, Beer posted a series of tweets. One of the tweets was the release of the iOS 11.4 patch kernel memory corruption bugs which he reported in two distinct areas: mptcp and vfs, and that it requires an Apple developer cert.
On the same day of Beer’s announcements, CoolStar posted a tweet saying that he now has all the pieces collected so he can finally create a developer 11.3.1 jailbreak tool (Electra iOS 11.3.1) for those who have Apple Developer accounts. However, just a few minutes later he followed up another tweet saying that this one (indicating his previous post) will likely not be released, but it will CoolStar a good head start for public iOS 11.3.1 jailbreak tool.
Update: we might be able to lower disk size of 11.3 jailbreak. More research incoming
All mods outside of things installed from Cydia/dpkg/apt will be deleted on reboot.
Most forms of jailbreak detection will no longer work in unjailbroken state (e.g. Fortnite, bank apps, etc.)
— CoolStar (@coolstarorg) June 10, 2018
So What’s The Current Status?
So far, Beer has only posted one tweet after June 5. His last tweet was on June 8 which was a picture of a series of codes.
Whereas CoolStar, he has been posting a lot of things (eBooks, avatars, movie, school, etc.) since June 5 — he even retweeted Beer’s June 8 post. Among his other posts, he tweeted a few things:
- Ian Beer’s multi_path on iPad Pro 10.5.
- 3.1 blobs for A10 and A11 users.
- TFP0 for iPhone X 11.3.1
- APTicket NVRAM Generator setter for iOS 11.3.1 will be available soon.
- Nonce setter for 11.2-11.3.1 and then followed it up with another tweet featuring codes or generators for the nonces.
- Everyone that’s iOS 11.2-11.3.1 and waiting for the jailbreak should install the tvOS profile to disable updates.
- 16 GB device users might have to upgrade to higher storage for the upcoming jailbreak.
- Later posted another tweet that 16 GB devices will still be able to jailbreak.
- Followed by another tweet saying jailbreak detection won’t be triggered when you reboot your device into the non-jailbroken mode and that it should be much harder to boot-loop non-jailbroken mode as rootfs changes are reverted on reboot.
- They might be lowering the disk size of 11.3 jailbreak tool.
- In addition, all mods outside of things installed from Cydia/dpkg/apt will be deleted on reboot and most forms of jailbreak detection will no longer work in the unjailbroken state.
So when do you think will the Electra iOS 11.3.1 Jailbreak Tool be released? Also, what do you think about CoolStar’s updates regarding the status of the jailbreak? We like to hear from you in the comment section below.