How To Downgrade To iOS 11.4 Beta For Electra Jailbreak
The jailbreak community was no doubt happy with the recent release of Electra’s jailbreak that allows iOS 11.3.1 devices to be jailbroken. Now, the Electra Team has just updated its jailbreak firmware to add support for jailbreaking a beta build iOS 11.4.
With Electra’s recent update on its firmware, it now supports iOS 11.4 — specifically beta 1 to beta 3. However, one must be aware that time is of the essence because anytime soon Apple can decide to stop signing iOS 11.4 beta – just like what happened to the iOS 11.3 last month. If that happens, you won’t be able to downgrade to the beta version and take advantage of Electra iOS 11.4 jailbreak.
Downgrading To iOS 11.4 Beta
If you’re planning to downgrade to this beta version, there are two methods to choose from. With the first method, users will be able to retain their data. While on the other method, it will wipe out the device’s data.
The First Method
For this method, aside from letting the device keep its data, this method is also considered faster. Here are the steps:
- For the first step, you have to turn off Find my iPhone via the Settings app.
- Download the firmware file applicable for your device:
- The third step is to connect the device to your computer.
- Launch iTunes and then select the iOS device located on the top left.
- On the left-hand sidebar, click Summary.
- Hold shift key (Windows) or Alt/Option key (Mac) on your keyboard and click on Check for Update.
- Select the firmware that you downloaded in step 2.
- You will receive a message from iTunes informing you that it will update your device and will verify it will Apple to which you will then have to click Update.
- iTunes will now downgrade your device.
For this method, it is safer compared to the first method, but the process takes longer. Also, if you want to restore your data, you will have to do it from one of your backups, but that has to be from a lower version of the OS.
So what do you think about Electra iOS 11.4 jailbreak update? What about the methods for downgrading? Have you tried them? Were there any issues? Tell us in the comment section below.