DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual Comes Thermal Imaging Solutions And Many More
Last week, DJI hinted via Twitter that they will be launching a new product – reports said it’s a thermal camera for the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise – on the 17th. When the promised day came, the company then announced that there will be a delay. But yesterday, the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual drone was finally out.
The New Drone
According to DroneDJ, the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual comes with a three-axis gimbal stabilized camera housing a side-by-side 4K sensor for capturing visible light and a FLIR Lepton® thermal micro-camera for capturing thermal data. Thanks to its sensors, it will allow pilots to perform flights at night or fly in complex daytime conditions like fog and smoke.
DJI Director of Strategic Partnerships Jan Gasparic said, “With the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual, we are enabling safer operations in more diverse environments so operators can focus on accomplishing their missions.”
Availability And Price
The Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual is available for purchase through authorized DJI Enterprise resellers worldwide. As for its price tag, it costs $2,699 which includes the aircraft, a remote controller, one battery, all three mountable accessories and a protector case with flight tools.
Comes With Multiple Intelligent Display Modes
The Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual features four intelligent display modes in the DJI Pilot flight control app to visualize data from the dual-sensor camera. These display modes are:
- FLIR MSX – Donelife reports that this feature embosses high-fidelity, visible light details onto the thermal imagery in real time to enhance visual details.
- Spot Meter – This displays the average temperature of an object.
- Area Measurement – This one displays the average, lowest, and highest temperature, as well as the corresponding locations of each area.
- Isotherm – This feature allows pilots to designate specific temperature ranges to be displayed using a custom color palette so objects within the range relay higher contrast and better visibility. Furthermore, it also offers custom profiles to aid search and rescue pilots in identifying people and to help firefighters identify hot spots in fires, as well as a custom profile setting for added flexibility.
The Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual comes with the same cybersecurity features of the baseline Mavic Enterprise. As for its other features, it is equipped with DJI’s AirSense technology and Ocusync 2.0. Furthermore, it also features DJI’s FOC propulsion motors combined with efficient propellers for quieter and more efficient flight.
Fortunately, the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual is compatible with the full line of Mavic 2 Enterprise accessories. The accessories are:
- Spotlight – A dual spotlight with a brightness of 2,400 lumens.
- Speaker – A loudspeaker with a maximum projection of 100 decibels and also allows pilots to play up to 10 custom voice recordings.
- Beacon – Features a bright flashing strobe visible three miles away for a much safely flight on low-light conditions or at night.
What are your thoughts about DJI’s Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual? Tell us in the comment section below.