Apple iPhone SE2: Alleged 'iPhone xx', Release Date, Price, What Fans Want To See and More
So we all know about the three iPhone models that are set to be unveiled next month. However, one particular device that fans are wondering about is the iPhone SE2.
Does it even exist? If yes, when is it coming? How much will it cost? What will be its specs and features?
So… Does it even exist?
Last April or 2018, a report was made claiming that 11 different variants of a mystery device were registered on the Eurasian Economic Commission database and that one of the devices was believed to be the iPhone SE 2.
However, there were also rumors claiming that there won’t be an SE 2 this year. One is from well-known analyst Ming-Chi Kuo who claims that “with three new models in the pipeline for the second half of 2018, we believe Apple may have used up its development resources.”
Another is from case-maker Olixar last June. According to the case-maker, the chances of Apple releasing the said device this year is zero. This is because sources have “confirmed” that this year’s upcoming iPhones will all be big (5.8-inch, 6.1-inch, and 6.5-inch).
So when will it be released? Well, based on the information gathered, the safe bet is to expect for it next year – presumably in March. Why? Well, the 2016 version was announced and released on March and refreshed it the following year on the same month. But of course, this is assuming that it does exist. So it’s best to take this with a pinch of salt.
How Much Will It Cost?
As already mentioned, the iPhone SE2 was rumored to cost around $450. Aside from that, we can also cite the current model price tag which sits at $349 for the 32GB variant.
The “iPhone xx”
Last August 21, 2018, Guilherme Rambo posted on Twitter about his discovery of an “iPhone xx” on the Xcode 10 to which he believes could be the low-budget iPhone SE2. He found out that it will feature the same internals of the iPhone 7 (the processor, RAM, and same resolution).
However, Steve Troughton-Smith disagrees. He believes that unless Apple decides to rename the iPhone 7 to “SE”, then it isn’t the SE 2. According to reports, it could be a new device instead.
- In terms of design, it was rumored that the device will feature an all-screen front with a notch similar to the one found in the iPhone X.
- Again with the design, apparently, it will have a glass back which in return will make it have wireless charging support.
- It is expected to feature a 4-inch screen because the current models feature this screen size. If this is true, where does the “all-screen” design comes in? Will the phone’s overall size decrease?
- In terms of camera, there was also a rumor that it will have a rear dual-camera setup which was dismissed as false because that will only make the device’s price to rise rather than stick to a budget-friendly price tag.
- Again with the camera, another rumor suggests that it will sport a 12MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera.
- It will come with 2GB of RAM and 32/128GB of storage.
- It will be packed with a quad-core A10 chipset.
What Fans Want To See
Although the current model is by in its own right beautiful and amazing, there are still things/tweaks that fans would want to see on the upcoming iPhone SE2. These are:
- Headphone jack
- Better battery life
- Improved performance
- New design (but please still be budget-friendly!)
So, when do you think will the SE 2 be released? Will it be this year or the next? Also, do you agree with the fan expectations? Furthermore, what are your thoughts regarding the “iPhone xx”? Tell us in the comment section below