Get Portrait Mode To These Old Xiaomi Phones With MIUI 10 Roll Out [Features]
Xiaomi is giving its 15 old smartphone models an upgrade that fans will definitely love. The said devices will be getting the MIUI 10. So what can fans expect?
Launching And Rolling Out
According to a published article at Gadgets Now, Xiaomi has just launched its latest Android Skin dubbed as MIUI 10 which is based on Google’s Android Oreo OS. MIUI 10 will bring portrait mode to single cameras smartphones. The new version of MIUI will be slowly rolled out to 15 old Xiaomi smartphone models. The models set to have the new Android Skin are:
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- Xiaomi Mi 5s
- Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
- Xiaomi Mi 5
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2
- Xiaomi Mi Max
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2
- Xiaomi Mi Note 4 (India)
- Xiaomi Mi Note 4X
- Xiaomi Mi Note 3
- Xiaomi Mi Redmi 5
- Xiaomi Mi Redmi 4
- Xiaomi Mi Redmi 4X
- Xiaomi Mi 6 (on the front camera)
- Xiaomi Mi Redmi Note 5 (on the front camera)
Xiaomi’s MIUI 10 software claims to improve speed, camera, design, sound and among other things. It is reported to support aspect ratios of 18:9, 19:9 and 16:9 and will focus a lot of on artificial intelligence.
According to Android Authority, the software will have new improvements that everyone will be excited about. The improvements are:
- Portrait mode for single cameras – Though Xiaomi used portrait mode on its dual camera phones, the company claims that it has trained its portrait mode algorithms on more than 100,000 photos which users hope it will provide quality snaps.
- A redesign on its “recent” menu – on its new design, it will offer a “vertically scrolling list of running apps” and will also allow users to swipe on apps to delete them, or tap-and-hold on apps to yield more options.
- Nature-inspired notifications – the new software will allow users to choose sounds likes water droplets for its alerts and notifications.
- Nature-inspired timers – just like its notifications, the users will be able to run timers that incorporate nature-themed sounds.
- A redesign for its volume and brightness sliders – it will be featuring cool-looking volume/brightness sliders that will surely standout compared to other phones.
- Improved responsiveness – thanks to its “lock-free critical path” and “co-dependent prioritizing”, these will help improve the speed and fluidity of the platform.
- India-specific add-ons – Given that Xiaomi is very popular in India, it’s no surprise that the company will put in some features exclusive for its beloved India-based customers. The features include a deeper integration of the Paytm app and some neat app-linking functionality in Xiaomi’s SMS app.
So what do you think about Xiaomi MIUI 10? Do share your thoughts and opinions in the comment section below.