Samsung Galaxy Tab S4: Release Date, Price, Specs, Rumors, What We Want To See
One of the highly anticipated tech gadgets this year is the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 tablet which is why it comes to no surprise that every now and then tech enthusiasts are always on the lookout for new details about it. With that being said, let’s review the things that we know about the said device.
When Will It Be Released?
Given that the current model was announced on February 2017 and then later released on April 2017, the initial expectations were that the 2018 model will also follow the same dates. But instead, we were left with nothing but just rumors, speculations and failed expectations.
After that, reports then started pointing towards two possible events. One event was the unpacking event of the Galaxy Note 9 on August 9, 2018, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Meanwhile, the other event was at the IFA 2018 (August 31 to September 5, 2018) alongside the Gear S4 smartwatch.
But just a few days ago, various reports started saying that Samsung will be hosting a “special sneak peek event” on August 1, 201,8 where the Galaxy Tab S4 will be featured. However, we still have no idea when will be the pre-order dates and release dates.
Specs and Features
Regarding its design, it will feature thinner bezels and won’t be featuring a fingerprint sensor. For its display, the device will be featuring a 10.5-inch screen with a screen resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels (16:10 aspect ratio).
It will be running on Android 8.1 Oreo and will be packed with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835 chip. It will feature 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of storage.
For the cameras, it will sport a 13 MP rear camera and an 8 MP front camera. It will be powered by a 7,300 mAh battery.
As for the other features, well, it will have Bluetooth 5.0, Iris Scanner, Samsung Dex support, LTE support, and Wi-Fir support. Furthermore, it will also feature Intelligent Scan which could mean that it could feature facial recognition.
What Is Intelligent Scan?
This feature “intelligently” determines which unlock method is the best one depending on the lighting conditions. Take the iris and facial recognition for example. With the former, it works well even under low-light conditions but struggles with bright lights. Meanwhile, the latter is the exact opposite.
The Price Tag
There are no official details yet regarding Galaxy Tab S4 price tag. For now, all we can do is cite the previous model’s price which costs $599. With this, reports suggest that it could feature a price that’s the same or a bit higher.
What Fans Want To See
Well, just like with any other new and upcoming device, fans will have some expectations of what they want to see. For the upcoming Samsung device, well, here are the things that they want to see:
- Better Multi-tasking – Fans are hoping that it would at least be able to compete with Apple’s iPad Pro range, especially the upcoming iPad Pro 3 (aka 2018 iPad Pro).
- Cheaper Keyboard – On last year’s model, the official keyboard launched for $129/£119 which isn’t really that expensive considering how much high-end gadgets costs these days. But still, we’re hoping that the company could bring the price down a little bit. Or better yet, it could come free. Who doesn’t like free stuff?
- Keyboard Tweaks – Again with the keyboard. One of the things that some people complained about was its design. To be specific, there was no function keys and home button. Hopefully, the company would tweak it a little bit.
- Water Resistance – Regardless of what anyone says, tablets should have water resistance. Come on, if smartphones can have it, why can’t tablets?
- More Storage – For last year’s model, it only came with an internal storage of 32 GB, but had an expandable external memory of up to 512 GB. Yeah, it makes up for the external, but it’s still disappointing.
What are your thoughts and opinions about the rumors and reports regarding Galaxy Tab S4? Do you agree with the things that fans want to see? Do tell us in the comment section below.