PlayStation 5: Release Date, Price, Games, Specs Rumors

Cameron
7:02 PM

With the PS4 released back in 2013 and the PS4 Pro in 2016, it comes to no surprise that people now are ready to move on to the next-gen console – the PlayStation 5. So when is it coming? Well, here are the rumors and speculations regarding its release date, price, games, and specs.

The Release Date

Regarding the PlayStation 5’s release date, industry analyst Michael Patcher originally claimed that it could be at 2019, but then later revised it to 2020. Assuming that this is true, then reports suggest that the said console will most likely be released at Q4 – possibly on November.

As for the rumors suggesting that it could be released this year, Patcher stated that the probability of Sony releasing the PS5 this year is very low. He added that for 2019 there’s only a 25% chance while 2020 has 75%.

However, there was a tweet was made by a semi-known video game tipster, Marcus Sellars, who suggested that PS5 dev kits went out to third-party devs at the start of 2018. If this is true, then this increases it increases the probability of the console to be released next year.

The Games

There are many theories, speculations, and rumors regarding what could be the games that the PlayStation 5 will launch with. One game, in particular, is Starfield to which Todd Howard announced during the Bethesda E3 2018 conference and said that it’s coming to “next-gen”. With that, people started to wonder if it will be launched along with the PS5.

Another game that is reported to come on the next-gen platform is Death Stranding. According to US Gamer, Kojima Productions has been allowed to take as much time as it needs in developing the game, given that there has been no gameplay presentation whatsoever. In addition to that, based on Kojima’s tweets, his progress on the script for Death Stranding (assuming that they’re still in the writing stages) is far from completion.

Next on the list is Last of Us: Part 2. The article points out that the Last of Us was originally launched on the PS3 with merely a few months to go until the launch of PS4, but then was ported to the PS4 in a matter of months after the launch.

Aside from the three mentioned, there were other game titles as well. The list includes Horizon Zero Dawn 2, Sucker Punch’s Ghost of Tsushima, FIFA 21, a new game in the Gran Turismo franchise, a new Call of Duty game, and etc.

What About Backward Compatibility?

Regarding if Sony will allow its next-gen console to play PS4 and older games, there are some issues to be addressed. For the PS4 games, if the PS5 will use an AMD Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) that is built upon the x86-64 architecture, then there’s a chance it will be capable of playing PS4 games. On the other hand, for the PS3 and older games, it’s hard to say because the company seems to be trying to get people use PS Now service.

The Price Tag

As for the price, it’s hard to say. Assuming that Sony has learned its lesson back when it launched the PS3 with a price tag of $499/$599 (20GB/60GB SKUs), then the PlayStation 5 could be around $399 – but take it with a pinch of salt, because there will always be many factors that need to be considered.

The Specs

The PlayStation 5 is expected to be packed with a more capable CPU (possibly the Ryzen CPU) as well as more memory which in return should equate to higher potential frame rates and better quality textures. There’s also the expectation that Sony will be pull off something new and interesting with its controllers.

So what do you guys think about the rumors and speculations regarding Sony’s upcoming next-gen console? We would like to hear from you in the comment section below.

Tags: , , , ,

About Cameron
Cameron is a Philippines based writer who mostly writes about tech news. He has three years of experience in writing. Cameron prefers cats more than dogs and he thinks reading light novels is one of the best hobbies in the world. Email Cameron- cmkamsa@yahoo.com
http://www.73buzz.com/playstation-5-release-date-3/
Share This Post

Related Post