Microsoft Surface Book 3: Release Date, Price, Specs, Features, Wishlist
One of the highly anticipated PC’s this year is the Microsoft Surface Book 3. Since the release of its 2017 models, we’ve only heard a handful of details about it. With that being said, here are the things that you need to know about the said device:
The Release Date
Although there has been no confirmation, there have been reports suggesting that the device could come this year – presumably either or October or November. Why these months? Well, the first model was released on October 26, 2015, while the second model was released on November 16, 2017.
However, there have also been reports suggesting that the device won’t be released this year. Instead, one report suggests that it could be in October of 2019 – pointing out the two-year gap between the first and second model. Meanwhile, the other report suggests that it could be released after the year 2019.
Regarding its price tags, there have been no leaks or official announcements yet. For now, all we can do is cite the price tags of the 13.5 inches Surface Book 2 which starts at $1,199 or £1,149 and 15-inch version which starts at $2,499 or £2,349. Whether Microsoft will stick to this starting price range or go above it is anybody’s guess.
Rumored Specs & Features
One of the highly expected features that the Surface Book 3 to have is that it will be fully ready for the next-gen augmented reality and virtual reality headsets. Another one is that it will be packed with next-generation Intel processors and the latest AMD or NVIDIA GPU. And lastly, it’s expected to feature at least one USB-C port which can support Thunderbolt 3.
What Fans Want To See
Although the Surface Book 2 was indeed great, there were still a few things that others would like to see be improved on the upcoming version. These are:
- Thunderbolt 3 – regardless of whether the rumor is true or false that the upcoming version will have this feature, fans are hoping that Microsoft will move onto Thunderbolt 3 via USB-C. With this, it will allow faster file transfers, and can also serve as a one plug hub for all displays and other peripherals you could want to connect.
- Good Power Management – With the 15-inch Surface Book 2, one of its flaws is that it couldn’t play games without draining its battery on top of pulling charge through its Surface Connector. Hopefully, with the upcoming version, it will have better power management.
- 4K Display – With the current models, the smaller version features a screen resolution of 3000 x 2000 pixels, while the larger version features 3240 x 2160 pixels. Hopefully, with the successor, it will feature 4K resolution.
- All Accessories Included – Given the price tags of the previous models, many were disappointed that some of its accessories were not included. Hopefully, for the next models, it will include the essential accessories like the Surface Dial and the Surface Pen.
- Better Use of Space – Another disappointment that fans had was the 15-inch Surface Book 2’s design. According to them, there were some “wasted spaces”.
What can you say about the rumored specs, features and released dates regarding the Surface Book 3? Also, do you agree with the things that fans want to see? Do tell us in the comment section below.