Apple finally released the much-anticipated iOS 11.3 last Thursday, March 29. Nonetheless, the changelog of the iOS update reveals some iOS 11.2.6 vulnerability that’s expected to open doors for jailbreak tool release.
iOS 11.2.6 Jailbreak Tool
A web-based document from Apple which was titled “About the security content of iOS 11.3” gives some information about security issues and vulnerabilities of the iOS 11.2.6. One of the bugs that were listed has a reference CVE-2018-4143. This has been credited to an individual named “derrek” The said bug is a kernel-level and it could possibly be utilized for an iOS 11.2.6 jailbreak.
Apart from that, there are no available details if an iOS 11.2.6 jailbreak tool is already in the works. But then, Derrek who has a username of @derrekr6 on Twitter has promised that he’ll give more details about the vulnerability after the 90-day non-discussion period. It is worth mentioning that Apple makes sure that anybody who provided them with bugs will be rewarded but they can’t speak out about the problem until 90 days until the bug is patched. Let’s wait until Derrek could state details about the said vulnerability.
iOS 11.3 Enhancements and New Features
In the seperate news, if you own an eligible handset for iOS 11.3, then you’ll experience the following modifications:
Performance and Speed Enhancements
Upon upgrading in iOS 11.3, the users can deactivate throttling so that the older iPhones will no longer slow down. Aside from that, the RAM management also appears to have improved in iOS 11.3.
According to the initial testing made by BGR, the results reveal that the Cupertino-based tech company has made some enhancements to RAM management. Aside from that, there were a lot of iPhone users reported the same.
Augmented Reality (AR) Improvements
ARKit is still reasonably innovative and buzzy. Nonetheless, nobody thought about the well-designed enhancements that Apple introduced in the iOS 11.3. These are the significant notes from the iOS 11.3 changelog:
- ARKit 1.5 lets the developers put virtual objects on vertical surfaces, like walls, doors, and horizontal surfaces as well.
- Supports the recognition and incorporation of images like movie posters or works, into augmented reality experience.
- The real-world view seen through the use of camera has an advanced resolution as a portion of the augmented reality experience.
App Review Sorting
Although this may not appear like a huge big deal at first look, but then, it is:
- Four selections now let you categorize the customer reviews on the product pages. The categorization includes the most useful, the most favorable, the most critical or the most recent.
Username and Passwords Autofill in Applications
This enhancement will surely be a huge deal that iOS device users are going to love. In former versions of iOS 11, Safari would store usernames and passwords to autofill them on sites wherein the users have to log in. As of now, this functionality is finally accessible in applications. Here’s a note from the iOS 11.3 changelog:
- Automatic filling of usernames and passwords is now accessible in applications’ web views.
Elimination of the Auto-Correct Capitalization bug
Last but definitely not the least among the enhancements is the elimination of the auto-correct capitalization bug. This will surely be appreciated by a lot of iOS device owners most particularly those who are tired of auto-correction. This bug might have been present in the iOS since the very beginning. Here’s what the iOS 11.3 changelog says:
- Fixes an issue that could cause the capitalization of the first letter of some words through the automatic correction feature.
These are the modifications delivered by the iOS 11.3. On the other hand, the jailbreak community hopes that an iOS 11.2.6 will be released. Stay tuned for future updates regarding the much-anticipated toolkit.